Friday, August 21, 2009

ICLW TIME!!!!

Hi there in the infertility, loss, adoption blog world.
A bit about me just to give you an idea.

Dh and I were TTC for a year knowing that I had endometriosis, age against me and minor MF. after a year of no success we attempted 5 IUIs (all medicated) and 5 IVF cycles over 3 years or so?
 Can't remember timelines, i guess i have suppressed a lot of it.
A few chemical pregnancies, failed cycles, arrested embryos, almost a divorce and miscarriages later, we got pregnant with twins. We lost one twin early on and after a very difficult pregnancy and traumatic childbirth (my epidural did not work and i had a c-section and felt everything), Phoebe entered the world weighing a mere 5 pounds at 39 weeks gestation. The neurologists think that she had a stroke while I was pregnant with her, something that is common in twin pregnancies when one twin is lost. As a result, Phoebe has some minor developmental delays and has Early Intervention services at home several times a week. She is now one year and crawling, something i honestly wondered if she would ever be able to do. So now I worry, "will she walk?", "will she speak?"... 
We are also in the process of adopting domestically. I do not sleep more than 3 hours per night b/c of all the worry. This is where we are right now and how I came to be here... 
Welcome to ICLW!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a long road you've been down!! I'm sure it makes your daughter all that more precious to you!

    ICLW
    www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad ICLW brought you to my blog. Just from reading this post alone, I can tell you are a very strong woman. You may have stress, but all of it is founded. I can honestly say I amazed by everything you have been through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great into to you! i am here from ICLW - let me just tell you - your daugter is gorgeous!!!! that photo on your sidebar, is oh.my.gosh.beautiful!!!

    thanks for stopping by my blog - i'm happy to have another success story to know about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been such a hard and long journey for you!

    My best wishes are with Phoebe and you guys....Celebrate each day and be good.


    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Early Intervention is such a wonderful program!
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a journey. I really hope that you continue to be able to celebrate Phoebe's succeses!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've had a long road! Congratulations on your beautiful daughter and her new skill of crawling! I hope things go smoothly with the adoption process.
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you all sure have been through quite a journey! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Major hugs!!! Phoebe is adorable to say the least :) I have had two preemies (out of the 4 babies I managed to have with in the 13 miscarriages, and my oldest was also a twin - I lost his twin early on) ... both of my smaller babies have/had some major medical issues. My Noah I was told he wouldn't survive pregnancy, and if he did he would die shortly after birth - if by some miracle he managed to come home, he would be so mentally and physically delayed "it wouldn't be worth it" ... but that was 7 years ago! He didn't walk until 18 months and he didn't really talk until after he was 2... but you wouldn't know anything was wrong with him just looking at him. My Nathan turned 2 this April. He has a cyst in his brain, cleft palate, and various other issues. He's not talking, he didn't walk until 2 ... and he has a lot of issues, one of them being he just can't seem to gain weight. He is only high end of 17 lbs. His baby brother (11 months) out weights him! It's amazing how much love we have for these people that we are given. If they be society's image of "normal" or ours - they are perfect in every way. Some of them (like ours) may give us pauses and extra worry, but they are miracles!

    Blessings :) Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here from ICLW. You have gone one long tough ride to get to Phoebe. She is so beautiful! I wish you all the best. My sister was an early interventionist for babies. I am so sorry her twin didn't make it. That must have been so devastating for you. Yet you're open to still continuing to build your family. You are one strong woman.

    ReplyDelete