Wednesday, July 22, 2009

STARTING A SUPPORT GROUP IN RHODY (RHODE ISLAND, FOR THOSE OF YOU NOT FROM HERE)



Greetings to everyone in the infertile world! :)
I just wanted to announce that I am planning on starting a twice monthly group meeting in Providence for anyone interested in learning how to cope with infertility, manage emotions, keep on top of your marriage and learn new ways of increasing your success rates during IF treatment. 
Let me tell you a bit about myself...
I am a 37 y/o woman that has been dealing with primary infertility for about 6 years. I was diagnosed with endometriosis at age 20 but none of my medical professionals along the way bothered to tell me that endometriosis may affect my ability to conceive later in life. Well it did. I suffered years of emotional and physical pain trying to conceive. I have endured needles, pills, miscarriages, failed IF cycles, you name it, I did it.  My marriage suffered and my relationships with my friends and family were negatively impacted by this.

Soooo... what I hope to accomplish with starting this support group is making sure we can all get together and talk about our fears and pain and frustrations before they end up consuming us. These sessions will not be conducted in a stuffy, depressing atmosphere. I plan on incorporating fun and humor into all of our meetings. Snacks and beverages will be provided Single women and couples are all welcome. Start date to be announced pending the amount of recruits! Please respond to my blog if you are interested, or email me at satsac14@gmail.com
Pass the word!
Best of luck on your journeys to becoming parents.
Susan

3 comments:

  1. Hi there - I heard about your blog on the LFCA and that you are starting a support group in your area. I live in Canada so obviously I won't be attending your group! But I started a support group in my city last fall and I'd be happy to share me experiences with you if you're interested. Feel free to email me anytime if you have questions or just want to compare notes - our group has changed somewhat since the beginning to better meet the needs of all members and I have some good ideas of what has helped us find the best format for our group. Good luck and all the best to you - it's great that you're doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much!!!! I would be happy to have your help! I love reading your blog as well!!!! How did you form your group, advertise etc...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief .... I was so hoping there was a local group I could connect with and would absolutely be willing to host or offer any assistance in organizing. I am turning 40 this year and really feel a sense of urgency and a tiny bit of despair about the whole process. I would love to connect with other women who are going through what I am ....any meetings planned?? I can be reached at upkerry2008@gmail.com, Thanks, Margaret

    ReplyDelete